The Assistant Nurse Manager will direct nursing services for a highly complex and challenging reproductive medicine practice with clinic locations in Winston-Salem, Greensboro and Hickory. These services include telephone triage, patient education for IVF medications and coordination of care & treatments. Along with patient care, this position has responsiblity for day to day oversight of nursing operations, compiling clinical schedules, performance evaluations, attending mandatory meetings for WFBH, and any other duties that may be assigned by the Clinic Manager.
Generic Job Description
ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER 6650
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Under general supervision, and in collaboration with another clinical or nurse manager, assist in planning, developing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the activities/operations of a clinical practice; assume responsibility and accountability for the clinical practice in the absence of the clinic manager or for a smaller clinic with less than ten nursing and/or clinic staff.
1. Participate in ensuring the delivery of nursing/patient care in accordance with education/experience, established policies/procedures, licensure/certification requirements; monitor/evaluate competencies of nursing/nursing support personnel; provide staff development opportunities; and document current licensure/certification of nursing/nursing support staff.
2. Develop work schedules and assignments for professional and ancillary staff, with attention to scope of practice, policies/procedures, regulatory requirements, equitable distribution, adequacy of coverage, appropriate resources (space and facilities).
3. Supervise and coordinate personnel activities, including but not limited to hiring and performance management (promotions, transfers, corrective action, grievances).
4. Provide oversight for general clinical operations including, but not limited to record keeping/filing, ordering/purchasing of general medical/surgical supplies, office supplies, equipment, etc.
5. May assess fiscal requirements, prepare budgetary recommendations, monitor and reconcile expenditures.
6. May prepare management reports (technical, operational, fiscal) which detail patient/procedure volumes, resource utilization, trends, revenues, expenditures, recommendations, etc.
7. May act as departmental liaison for administration, faculty, staff and external organizations.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
2. Holder of a North Carolina license as a Registered Nurse.
3. Three years of nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a nursing team leader capacity.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in Nursing.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Wake Forest University Health Sciences to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest University Health Sciences - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Demon Deacons may sound like a weary clergyman's nightmare but at Wake Forest, it's something to cheer about. Wake Forest...