Under direction, to supervise a designated nursing unit on a designated shift or ambulatory care clinic.
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org. Computers are available at the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 8th Floor, East Wing, San Jose, CA 95110, during normal business hours, for applicants to apply online.
Completion of the supplemental questionnaire is required. Applications submitted without the supplemental questions will be rejected.
Benefit and Retirement information may vary from bargaining unit to bargaining unit. Due to changes in State Law, current pension provisions described in the union contracts are not automatically applied. Specific pension benefits for new hires who start on or after January 1, 2013 may be different than indicated in the union contracts.
Click here to access
all Memoranda of Understanding and most recent Summary of Change
- Assesses the numbers and levels of personnel needed to provide nursing care for a specific patient population;
- Assesses and identifies learning needs of both staff and patients, and monitors the effectiveness of educational programs developed to meet these needs;
- Assesses the quality of nursing care delivered in relation to unit standards;
- Assesses the need for support services and materials to facilitate quality nursing care;
- Collaborates with managers to plan for the development of personnel;
- Collaborates with other nursing staff in planning nursing programs and approaches to patient care;
- Participates in the development of goals and objectives to facilitate unit functioning;
- Participates in the formulation of policies and procedures utilizing staff input;
- Identifies and works to resolve issues that affect the quality of nursing services provided;
- Serves as a resource person for clarification of administrative policies and procedures;
- Promotes effective communication;
- Periodically provides direct patient care;
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel and visitors;
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring process;
- Collaborates with Nurse Manager and Director to identify need for corrective action of an employee and initiates action appropriate to the Assistant Nurse Manager's level of responsibility;
- Identifies patient and visitor and intervenes appropriately;
- Collaborates with nursing staff and administration to establish standards of nursing care;
- Participates in orientation and ongoing educational programs for staff;
- Implements new programs and approaches to patient care;
- Utilizes appropriate management techniques to direct and support staff;
- Participates in the evaluation of the quality of nursing service delivered by the department;
- Reviews policy and procedures and makes recommendations;
- Participates in employee evaluation process; writes evaluations on staff, and reviews with each employee in a timely manner;
- Evaluates own personal performance, leadership abilities, and attainment of established goals.
Graduate of an approved nursing program (preferably BSN), currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in California and sufficient education and experience which demonstrate possession of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the typical tasks noted above.
A qualified applicant would typically have at least three years experience in area of specialty.
County of Santa Clara - 10 months ago