First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The purpose of this position is to oversee the efficient and safe operation of the wind turbine facility. This also includes assuring and documenting compliance with all codes, regulations, and contracts.
· To oversee all Operations and Maintenance activities for a wind power generating facility to include but not limited to; Substation & HV work, Dynamic Volt-Amperes Reactive system, collection system equipment, balance of plant activities and wind turbine generator (WTG) units.
· Develop cost effective programs to further operations and maintenance.
· Assist in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of 12 2.5MW Clipper wind turbines.
· Provide oversight of safe and reliable wind farm operations and site personnel and contractors (including the creation of site procedures and policies).
· Person who leads by example to ensure compliance with all First Wind processes, procedures and policies while maintaining standards of the corporate code of conduct in all employees under supervision.
· Interact with local utilities, regulatory agencies, local government/community and landowners.
· Monitors and controls plant operating budget and budget forecasts.
· Manage site contracts and warranties to the standards and interests of First Wind.
· Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations in all concerns, including but not limited to; environmental, NERC/FERC, local laws and regulations.
· Complete projects assigned by OM or others.
· Directly reports to the Hawaii Regional Operations Manager
· Travel as needed
· Technical 2-4 year college degree or comparable certifications preferred.
· 1-3 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind or energy facility.
· 1-3 years supervisory experience.
· Budget / Project Management experience.
· Contract execution experience.
· Government regulation compliance experience.
· Organized, leadership skills.
· Proficient computer and software skills.
· Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300’ wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
· Valid driver’s license.
· 24/7 on-call availability.
First Wind - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...