Performs various technical procedures and patient care activities to help enable the patients to be seen as promptly and efficiently as possible by the appropriate physician(s).
PERFORMS BASIC PATIENT CARE PROCEDURES TO AID THE OPHTHALMOLOGY TEAM.
ASSISTS IN THE MAINTENANCE OF A CLEAN, ORDERLY, AND SERVICEABLE WORK ENVIRONMENT.
- Obtains accurate patient history in a professional manner
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic skills and lensometry, including measuring and recording distant and near vision, refractometry, and basic tonometry.
- Administers topical medications as directed.
- Is alert to situations needing immediate nursing or physician attention.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Ensures that work area is well stocked on a routine basis.
- Covers and cares for capital equipment on a regular basis.
- Replaces outdated medications each month.
- Maintains knowledge of basic battery and bulb changing for various pieces of department equipment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITES
- One to two years experience required.
- Completion of formal eight week internal training OR one year experience.
Experience: 1+ Years
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
Department: HHOCln Optometry
Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Scott & White - 18 months ago