KIPP Delta Public Schools is a network of high-performing charter schools that is planning to expand from four to thirteen schools over the next several years. Given its success, the KIPP model has been featured on Oprah , 60 Minutes , and in the Wall Street Journal . KIPP Delta College Preparatory School has been named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education, and KIPP Delta Collegiate was recently named the 2nd best high school in Arkansas by US News and World Report.
The Assistant Principal is charged with supporting a school culture that empowers students to develop the knowledge, skills, and character traits necessary to pursue a college education and life of value, joy, and integrity. As an instructional coach, and through the direct management of teachers, the Assistant Principal will focus on maximizing school-wide academic growth and character development. A job well done here will leave teachers feeling well supported in their daily work and will allow the School Director to focus on only the most critical aspects of school leadership.
The Assistant Principal will report to the School Director and will work to support KIPP Delta’s regional mission and culture of achievement.
· Establish school-wide systems and routines and ensure that grade levels have systems in place.
· Ensure vertical and horizontal alignment of curriculum.
· Administer and use interim tests.
· Collaborate with School Director to implement parental involvement plan.
· Maintain enrollment target at the school level.
· Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with Grade Level Chairs, and ensure that Grade Level Chairs conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with teachers.
· Support Individual Development Plans for Grade Level Chairs.
· Work with the School Director to lead school-wide culture building as necessary.
· Conduct planning conferences and provide instructional planning feedback to teachers and Grade Level Chairs.
· Use time as a resource and adjust the schedule as necessary to achieve goals.
· Model impromptu culture building and uphold school-wide expectations.
· Work with the School Director and central office to ensure excellence in areas of operation (i.e. transportation, food service, facility maintenance).
· Hold effective meetings with school-wide staff and/or grade level teams.
· Ensure effective field lessons, school events, and extracurricular activities occur with appropriate criteria attached to them.
· Collaborate with the School Director to manage after-school tutoring and extra-curricular activities.
· Observe teachers and provide meaningful feedback on instruction.
· Hold teachers and Grade Level chairs accountable to professional work expectations.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Initiative and leadership skills.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· A demonstrated record of ensuring student achievement as a teacher and/or leader.
· Experience in meeting rigorous goals through the management and/or leadership of adults.
· Deep belief in the mission and values of KIPP Delta and ability to fully subscribe to KIPP's Five Pillars.
KIPP Delta - 22 months ago