QUALIFICATIONS: *Any combination equivalent to: Master’s degree in Education and recommended four years of classroom experience. *Appropriate Administrative Credential; appropriate teaching credential; valid California driver’s license. *Knowledge of California State and District attendance accounting, reporting, and requirements. *Knowledge of applicable sections of California State Education Code and other applicable laws.
Application procedure: Please apply on line with Ed-join. Work with a GREAT district!!
One requirement from each bulleted group MUST be met before your application will be considered.
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation
To assist in the administrative and educational leadership of an intermediate school; coordinate and supervise campus security and special events; direct the attendance and discipline functions of the school; develop and monitor attendance procedures; administer discipline according to District policies.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCITONS:
- Assist the Principal as directed in performing administrative and leadership functions; assume the duties of the Principal as assigned.
- Manage and direct student attendance accounting; develop and monitor attendance procedures.
- Supervise, select, assign and evaluate performance of designated personnel.
- Design, develop and implement programs and incentives to motivate students in the area of discipline and attendance.
- Develop and administer disciplinary procedures in accordance with District policies; process disciplinary referrals; confer with students, parents, teachers, and community agencies; suspend or assign students to detention class as appropriate.
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate discipline and attendance problems; resolve problems and reach prompt, fair, and appropriate decisions.
- Confer with students with poor attendance records; conduct truancy hearings at the school; refer truants to the School Attendance Review Board.
- Attend IEP meetings as directed by the Principal.
- Supervise site custodial maintenance.
- Work proactively with parents or other family members in support of student learning and positive behavior.
- Direct the preparation of a variety of reports regarding student attendance, enrollment, suspensions, mobility and mandated costs; submit to designated District or County Office or other authorities.
- Schedule and develop procedures for fire and disaster drills; supervise and evaluate all drills.
- Coordinate and oversee campus security to assure proper behavior of students; establish off-limits areas for students; assign, supervise and evaluate classified and certificated staff performing campus supervision duties.
- Coordinate and supervise co-curricular, athletic and other special events; arrange for adult supervision of events; prepare special schedules for assemblies and rallies.
- Assist the Principal in classroom observations, visitation and evaluations; confer with teachers and prepare written evaluations; arrange for classroom coverage when substitutes are not available.
- Develop programs to improve campus maintenance; supervise and evaluate routine maintenance by custodians.
- Arrange for facility use; prepare appropriate forms and coordination with District.
- Assign, schedule and provide instructions to campus personnel for after school and evening security maintenance and repair.
- Communicate and confer with community agencies, personnel and authorities regarding school activities, programs, and students.
- Attend a variety of workshops, meetings and conferences to develop and enhance administrative skills, remaining current in educational research and obtain and exchange information.
- Attend evening meetings and drive to a variety of locations to conduct work.
- Supervise Master Schedule process.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EdJoin.org - 9 months ago