This position is responsible for being a contributor to the product development work flow providing support for sales, product-related initiatives, and ongoing product management. This position provides support for company-wide initiatives which rely heavily on annuity product knowledge. Primary responsibilities include interaction with Project and Product Managers in the Product Management department as well as members from the following functional areas: Internal Sales, Sales Management, Marketing Communications, Operations, Legal, Information Technology, and other areas of the company involved with sales, product initiatives, and ongoing management of products, features, and services.
The Assistant Product/Project Manager reports directly to the AVP Marketing Product Support.
- Respond to questions and requests regarding products and competition
- Support Competitive Intelligence website updates, production and distribution
- Create/deliver product training presentations to SunAmerica sales force
- Create/deliver product training presentations to distribution partner back office staff
- Provide support to Project/Product Managers
- Record minutes for various meetings as required by the Product Management department
- Create and/or support development and/or delivery of training tools and materials for sales and service teams to support new product initiatives and ongoing product training needs for sales and operations.
- Review advisor and client approved marketing materials.
- Run reports as needed utilizing the data warehouse and other data sources.
- Set up, maintain, and organize electronic records using customized department Access database and or SharePoint sites
- Create, store, and maintain reports for presentation to management through the use of the data warehouse, Access database, or other data sources
- Provide support for hypothetical illustrations – including testing, and training of the end user (internal sales)
- Carry out other tasks as required ensuring timely, accurate, and cost effective support and implementation of new initiatives or other projects supporting the sales and/or distribution of the company’s products.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- BA/BS plus 2-4 years business related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience in presenting ideas to key contributors throughout an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to moderately complex concepts.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
American International Group - 2 years ago
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...