UALR Functional Title
Assistant Professor / R99470
Educational Services & Leadership
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock, College of Education invites applicants for Assistant Professor in Educational Administration and Supervision ( EDAS ). This a nine-month tenure-track faculty position.
The Educational Administration and Supervision program is NCATE accredited and nationally recognized by ELCC . The EDAS program prepares scholar practitioners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach face-to-face and online graduate courses in Masters, Specialist, and Doctoral programs in educational administration that may include curriculum development, collective negotiations, organizational systems design, policy, school improvement, finance, community relations, and central office administration.
- Program Coordination.
- Engages in research and scholarship related to educational leadership.
- Serves on department, college, and university committees charged to enhance the vision of the university and community engagement.
- Advise graduate students; directing graduate research and clinical experiences.
- Participate on dissertation committees.
- Participate in service activities in the program, college, university, and community.
- Develop university, school, and community partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of national trends and agendas in educational change and improvement;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Knowledge in the area of policy, law, and legislation concerning educational leadership;
- Ability to pursue external funded research;
- Knowledge in instruction through the use of technology;
- Ability to use customer service initiatives to clients and campus community;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to teach others;
Required Education and/or Experience
Doctorate in Educational Administration or related field from an NCATE accredited institution( ABD may be considered, although all degree requirements must be completed before employment commences).
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Three years experience in public school administration as a principal or a central office administrator; experience as faculty in graduate education programs, including doctoral level programs; demonstrated record of scholarship and/or the potential for research and publication; online teaching experience; professional work experience with ethnically and culturally diverse populations;
eligible for teaching and administrator licensure in Arkansas.
Background Check Requirements
03 - Criminal/Financial/Sex
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Moderate Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and financial history background check and a sex offender registry check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The successful candidate will be required to provide official transcripts at time of hire.