Tenure-Track Faculty Position: Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Rochester is seeking a scientist to fill a tenure track position as Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor. The candidate will conduct research in virology, with specific expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: systems biology; respiratory virus research; HIV/AIDS research.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate evidence of a strong commitment to research, as well as of independent research productivity, as exemplified by a strong record of peer-reviewed publications.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Candidate is expected to have a PhD, DVM/PhD or MD/PhD degree(s).
- For applicants seeking appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, at least five to six years of experience at the Assistant Professor level is required.
- Candidate must be proficient in English with proven ability to write scientific documents.
- Candidate should have a strong publication record of peer-reviewed research articles, as a first author and as senior author (for applicants seeking appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor).
- For applicants seeking appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, the candidate should have a strong record of independent NIH (or equivalent) funding of research.
- Candidate should be skilled in modern molecular and/or cellular techniques.
- A post-offer health assessment is required.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Expertise in virology is essential, as is expertise in one or more of the following areas: systems biology; respiratory viruses; HIV/AIDS; molecular and cellular biology.
- For applicants seeking appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, current extramural research funding (NIH R01 or equivalent) is expected.
- Candidate will be expected to supervise graduate and post-doctoral research projects.
- Candidate is also expected to assist in teaching of graduate, medical and undergraduate students, as an active participant in the Department’s educational mission.
- Candidate is expected to serve on Department and URMC committees regarding research and educational goals of the institution.
If interested, please click on the apply link below to submit the following as one document: a brief description of research experience and interests, as well as a curriculum vitae containing names and contact information for three references
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
University of Rochester - 12 months ago
The buzz about the University of Rochester is music to some ears. While the private, upstate New York research university is nationally...