We are currently looking for individuals with a PhD in Healthcare Administration (or related degree) to serve as the Program Chair for the Master’s of Health Care Administration program in the College of Health, Human Services, and Science. The Full-Time Faculty -Health Care Administration position is a full-time employment opportunity.
The position is a full-time faculty position that supports the University through teaching, service and scholarship. This position carries a full teaching load of 24 credits/year and is located in Denver, Colorado. This position is an on-ground full-time position which requires being physically located in Denver, Colorado. Non-teaching duties are detailed below.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides leadership to the Master’s of Health Care Administration program, academic discipline, and student success
• Provide programmatic support to faculty, staff and students
• Participates in peer review and mentoring
• Participates in meetings (on site and virtual) as directed
• Maintains regular work hours coordinated with supervisor
• Maintains scheduled office hours for student support
• Engages in scholarly activities which may include publications, research, and/or presentations
• Participates in curriculum development, enhancement, and outcomes assessment activities
• Contributes to Program Review and accreditation activities
• Collaborates with other University departments to ensure a positive overall experience for all University students.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Commitment to the vision and values of the University
• Creative leadership for curriculum and program development
• Collaborative, results focused leadership style
• Successful record in the health care administration field
• Strong interpersonal and communication
• Strong organizational skills
• Adaptability, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Career experience in health care administration
• Course and curriculum development experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
• Experience with teaching adult learners preferred
• Online teaching experience at the graduate level
• Must possess a PhD in Health Care Administration from a regionally accredited university
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...