UALR Functional Title
Assistant Professor of Nursing/ R97808
Tenure track, 9-month Assistant Professor appointment in the Department of Nursing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach, advise, mentor, and evaluate students throughout the nursing program
- Participate in service to the university, community, and profession
- Establish and maintain a program of scholarly activities
- Conduct clinical and classroom experiences designed to meet student and program learning outcomes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to teach and mentor students throughout the nursing program. Teaching may include face-to-face, on-line, and/or hybrid formats
- Experience in nursing
- Ability to conduct clinical activities and meet the needs of the students and affiliating clinical agencies
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Computer literacy and experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include evening, nights, and weekends
- Ability to travel occasionally, which may include overnight stays
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and possess a valid drivers license
- Ability to maintain scheduled on campus office days
Required Education and/or Experience
Masters and/or Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field; recent clinical and teaching experience in a successful accredited nursing program; and a current unencumbered AR or multi-compact licensure state is required.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field; or current enrollment in a doctoral program; teaching experience and recent experience in nursing practice or nursing education in the area(s) of program need; and CNE Certification
Background Check Requirements
07 - All-Criminal/Financial/Sex/Drug
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Daily, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Daily, Lifting 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Daily, Carrying 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Daily, Pushing/pulling 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Standing for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Long Distances; Daily, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, financial history and sex offender registry check and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is an Internal to Campus posting and is open to benefits eligible employees only.