Assistant Program Director – |
Dona Rosita II, Brooklyn, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for an Assistant Program Director for our Dona Rosita II residence. Dona Rosita II, located in Brooklyn, serves homeless people with HIV/AIDS and mental illness or substance abuse. The program offers residents a combination of safe, secure housing; comprehensive, culturally competent, on-site services; and a true feeling of community.
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for the overall operation of Dona Rosita II, which includes management of staff, overseeing the development and implementation of program enhancements, monitoring and compliance, evaluating policies and implementing proper procedures for the program. The program is characterized by a team approach, supervision of clinical staff, time unlimited services, crisis availability, and referral procedures. The Assistant Program Director is on call 24/7.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge and Skills
- Planning and administering daily operation of the program.
- Staff program assignments and supervision of program activities to ensure that clients receive services in accordance with their needs.
- Assisting and participating in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Enforcing policies and procedures to comply with Federal, State and City Laws, rules and regulations
- Ensuring that Quality Improvement policies and procedures are followed.
- Reviewing and accepting new and renewal leases or assignment of leases from other contractors.
- Providing oversight to ensure a minimum program monthly occupancy rate of 95% is maintained
- Ensuring program compliance with contract requirements
- Reviewing and approving placement of all HASA referrals within a maximum of 30 days
- Reviewing and approving same day HASA referrals for intake
- Providing and maintaining records of staff training on an annual basis to increase staff knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS, mental illness and substance abuse and to increase staff sensitivity towards working with and providing services to persons who are living with HIV/AIDS.
- Providing oversight in maintaining and securing individual files and records to ensure that files are kept complete, current, and readily identifiable from other Comunilife programs. Ensuring that all client records are maintained by Comunilife for a minimum of seven (7) years after the expiration of the contract.
- Maintaining all documents necessary for quality assurance reviews by Comunilife or HRA.
- Providing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or yearly reports as requested by Comunilife and/or HRA. Ensuring timely completion of program progress reports including demographic census, services rendered, problems, and plans. Providing oversight in conducting an annual Client Satisfaction Survey and providing surveys to HRA if requested
- Ensuring policies, principles, and procedures are in agreement with HRA program requirements, guidelines, regulations and directives.
- Leading team, organizational and service planning meetings, providing direction to staff regarding individual cases, conducting side-by-side contacts with staff, and regularly conducting individual supervision meetings.
- Meeting with the HRA staff for conferences and planning purposes for better cooperative working agreements.
- Providing oversight for consumer goals of recovery, rehabilitation, economic independence, stability and community integration.
- Overseeing the coordination of HIV/AIDS services with other community services such as inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and day treatment, and designing services to close gaps in the continuum of services
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive program evaluation process.
- Evaluating and reviewing employee performance.
- Preparing any and all correspondence relative to Dona Rosita II as requested by the Federal, State, City or other funding sources. Addressing and correcting any and all deficiencies, which may be cited as a result of audits conducted by the funding sources
- Meeting with the Program Director of Congregate Housing to review accomplishments and/or problems.
- Maintaining contact with community program administrators and public officials to discuss and at times to negotiate cooperative working relationships.
- Assisting the Senior Vice President of Programs or designee with special projects, analyzing, research, and preparing reports as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of HIV/AIDS program guidelines and HRA, MHRA and HPD regulations and directives, as applicable to the program.
- Ability to provide emergency intervention (as needed) to clients afflicted with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and mental illness.
- Thorough knowledge of program development, implementation methodology, and research methods and techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of subordinate clinical and administrative staff. Responsible, organized, and efficient.
- Ability to perform in a team environment and accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills (effective/active listening, verbal and written)
- Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, and compassionate. Culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed and afflicted with HIV/AIDS, various national/ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, religion, and substance abuse issues.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
- A Masters Degree in social work, public health, health administration, or related field; and three(3) to five (5) years of administrative and supervisory experience operating Scatter Site Housing Program(s); or Bachelors Degree in social work, public health, health administration, or related field; and five(5) to seven (7) years of administrative and supervisory experience operating Scatter Site Housing Program(s).
- Five or more years experience in providing direct services related to the treatment and recovery of persons afflicted with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and serious mental illness.
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred.
- HIV/AIDS advanced training a plus.
- CASAC certificate a plus.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.