Jacmar Companies is located in Alhambra California is looking for a qualified Assistant Property Manager with experience in accounting/finance. The position will Assists the Property Manager and CFO in the management of all its retail and industrial properties. Responsibilities involve full range of property management functions, including but not limited to, building operations, facility maintenance and repair, tenant relations, project management, and bookkeeping.
- Monitors tenant activities for compliance with lease terms and applicable security requirements; promulgates and enforces building operating regulations, including use of parking and other common areas.
- Conducts periodic inspections of assigned building and associated grounds, initiates action to correct janitorial and maintenance deficiencies noted during these inspections.
- Monitors property vendor performance based upon specific service contract requirements in assigned functional areas (i.e. custodial, refuse, pest control, etc.)
- Develops scope of vendor work, solicits bids, evaluates proposals, and monitors contractor performance. Periodically reviews performance specifications and recommends modifications for subsequent contracts.
- Receives and takes action on complaints and service requests from tenants in assigned buildings.
- Reviews monthly reports of overdue accounts and assists in collecting overdue payments from tenants (prepares late notices & 3 Day Notices as necessary).
- Updates and/or prepares spreadsheets/reports as needed.
- Prepares various meeting binders. Mail and distributes to partners and other participants.
- Prepares Notice of Non-Responsibility
- Assists in preparation of annual CAM Reconciliations
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance
- Prepare Lease summaries
- Process AP, AR and 1099s at year end
- Monthly billings
- Responsible for most G/L duties (month-end close, journal entries & accruals)
- Prepare monthly Operating Statement
- Clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing, scanning and record keeping
Institute of Real Estate Management
- 2 years ago - save job