HHDC, a multi-state leader with a national reputation in quality affordable housing and community development is seeking an experienced residential Assistant Property Manager - Bilingual (must be able to read, write, speak English and Spanish fluently). The Assistant Property Manager works with the Property Manager and provides assistance and general backup to accomplish all required administrative and maintenance tasks to ensure successful day-to-day operations. In the Property Manager’s absence or in emergency situations, the Assistant Property Manager must be able to assume the Property Manager’s responsibilities under the direction of the Property Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Communicates all problems and special cases and makes recommendations to the Property Manager and the Property Supervisor.
- Processes recertifications (i.e., sets up interviews, assist with filling out forms, follows up with processing information, performs rent calculations, prepares leases).
- Inspects site grounds and common hallways on a regular basis.
- Monitors make-ready status of vacant apartments.
- Conducts housekeeping home visits, and marketing outreach to local agencies and businesses.
- Acts as a liaison and advocate on behalf of the residents to public and private agencies.
- Carries out rent collection program and follow-up procedures for delinquent rent and evictions in accordance with approved HHDC policies.
- Assists in supervising office staff, maintenance staff, and contract workers.
- Affordable Housing Experience a must.
- 2+ years of multi-family or senior property management experience.
- Must have or obtain leasing license.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- High school diploma (minimum). College Preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, calculator/adding machines, and property management software.
- Vehicle, insurance and good driving record required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.