Join the nation's premier human relations/civil rights organization. We have a mission to fight anti-Semitism and hate, and to secure justice and fair treatment for all. ADL is looking for talented, passionate people who want to make a difference today…and tomorrow!
ASSISTANT REGIONAL DIRECTOR
Based in New York, the Assistant Regional Director will implement assigned ADL programs in the region which may include some or all of the following: interfaith and multi-cultural outreach, Latino-Jewish programming, legislative advocacy, civil rights, leadership development, public relations, events planning, investigative research and fundraising. Provide staff support to assigned committee(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop community relationships and network with other community groups to facilitate effective community action.
- Provide staff support to lay-led committees as assigned. Assist with related program and event planning. Coordinate speakers and logistics for related conferences.
- Manage, maintain, and regularly update Regional website.
- Receive and conduct initial investigation of complaints of discrimination, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights issues. Conduct routine fact-finding research, using established contacts and developing sources as appropriate. Resolve complaints or refer to senior staff as necessary. Maintain required records.
- Represent ADL by speaking to community groups and agencies. Conduct training directly and/or train lay-leaders as facilitators for training programs, as appropriate.
- Respond to inquiries from the press and from members of the public, demonstrating a working knowledge of ADL's policies and positions and relevant local, national and world events. Draft press releases. Read, monitor and respond to media reports and opinion articles. Write and/or edit a regional newsletter. Prepare Insider Briefings and materials for policy debates.
- Assist in the smooth-functioning of the office administration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- One to two years of progressively responsible human relations or community service experience including some program management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL and to attend community events.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Subject: Assistant Regional Director.
- Some travel within the region.
ADL offers a very generous benefits/vacation package. EOE.
Learn more about ADL at www.adl.org .