Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research, technical consulting, and other services for clients in business, industry and government.
If you would like to join a team of professionals that are making a difference in our country’s national defense, consider this position at MRIGlobal of Assistant Scientist. Here is an opportunity to get paid very well for completing 2 rotations of 4 months on and 4 months off (while maintaining your medical benefits). The ideal candidate will be experienced in laboratory operations, maintenance and troubleshooting with the ability to effectively communicate with clients; addressing client's needs and concerns, and clearly and succinctly communicating these interactions back to MRIGlobal supervisors. This person must be willing to work evenings and weekends to meet critical deadlines, and have demonstrated experience traveling both nationally and internationally, including some extended periods on field operations assignments (e.g., weeks to months, field sites or client facilities). The selected candidate will also have experience with trouble-shooting, repairing and maintaining a variety of mechanical, electrical, computer and communications systems, HVAC, and analytical equipment, collectors, or sensors to keep the field instrumentation and equipment online. The selected candidate must also have or able to obtain a DOD or other federal agency security clearance. Current TS with SCI eligibility is preferred.
Secondary Success Considerations:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Math, or related field.
- Past or current U.S. federal service experience (e.g., military, reserves, National Guard or Coast Guard, intelligence agency) is a plus.
- Field operations related training, including but not limited to OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPPER and current refresher courses, DOD's Combined Readiness Center deployment training, and first aid/CPR skills is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment; expresses ideas in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated experience in following QA/Safety/SOPs.
- Proficient PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems, including proven capabilities to use and maintain remote computing & communications systems and establishing and maintaining networks.
- Self-starter, who is well organized, with proven capacity to be comfortable working on a variety of projects and ability to remain flexible and responsive to changing priorities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA, E-Verify employer, M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.