Superlite Block, an Oldcastle Company, is seeking an operations leader to serve as Assistant Site Manager at the Superlite Block, Lone Butte Facility in Chandler Arizona. The Lone Butte Facility includes four production plants producing for six different product lines. Key responsibilities will include supporting the Site Manager in ensuring the implementation of the Plant Daily Fundamentals: Safety, Quality, Productivity, Housekeeping and Preventive Maintenance as well as the implementation of the Business Daily Fundamentals: Developing people, building a strong team, satisfying customers, communicating, knowing and controlling costs, and growing the business.
- Support Site Manager in building successful manufacturing teams
- Manage and supervise a wide range of jobs, business processes with crews at multiple plants and be able to work under pressure because of emergency work and unscheduled downtime
- Review performance and inventory reports with supervisory staff and identify variances from Plant Budget, instituting corrective action when necessary
- Cooperate with Site Manager and Superlite Safety Coordinator to develop a safety conscious climate and culture on the part of all personnel. Coordinate and maintain the Safety programs for the site and serve as a safety leader.
- Participate in overseeing capital and large repair and maintenance projects
- Assist Plant Managers in developing and supporting effective execution of Five Plant Fundamentals
- Supervise spare parts warehouse, insuring an effective spare parts program
- Position requires a College or Technical degree related to manufacturing or 5+ years’ experience in all phases of manufacturing preferably in the building products industry.
- Excellent leadership skills including oral/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, e.g. analytical and problem solving
- Desire to grow in Leadership and Operations responsibility
- Training and/or experience in: Safety, quality assurance, computerized equipment and basic programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- General knowledge of maintenance fields: mechanical, electrical, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, controls
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle - 4 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...