Lesley University, an NCAA Division III institution, encourages applicants to apply for the Assistant Softball Coach position. The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for supporting the head coach in the overall management of the softball program including practice planning, implementation of game strategy, recruitment, player development and organizing community service projects. Experience working and playing as an outfielders required. Applicant must be willing and able to recruit throughout the summer. Night and weekend hours are required and facilities are off-campus. The assistant coach will be responsible for coaching during the traditional season in the spring and the non-traditional season in the fall. This person works under the direction of the Head Softball Coach.
- Ability to assess, identify and successfully recruit student-athletes
- Responsible for assisting coaching staff in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA Division III and the New England Collegiate Conference.
- Strong ability to enhance player development
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of athletics at the NCAA Division III level.
- Provide an example of leadership and competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
- Become familiar with and implement all necessary college policies, rules, regulations and guidelines as they relate to this position, including student rights and responsibilities concerning harassment of any kind and drug and alcohol use.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of outfielder coaching and/or playing experience.
- Must be able to assess and develop players.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- A valid United States driver's license required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The position is part-time, year round and looking to hire immediately.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Lesley University - 4 months ago