Assistant Store Manager: Full-Time, Year-Round. Specialty Sports Venture (SSV). Bicycle Village. Boulder, CO.
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Bicycle Village is Colorado's finest bike shop and an integral part of the Colorado cycling community. Our customers are a diverse cross-section of multicultural people, from novice riders who enjoy cycling for recreation, to world-class professional athletes and everything in between. They expect the best from us whether they are shopping for bikes, components, clothing or accessories. And at BV it's not good enough to do just enough, we consistently exceed expectations.
- Generate sales, demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Assist Store Manager in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Provide training resources for employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Administer company policies and guidelines
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling a daily payroll budget
- Maintain merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Recruit and assist in training and maintaining a quality core staff
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Other duties as assigned
This position is critical to the delivery of world class service and it is the responsibility of staff members to be friendly, courteous and helpful under all circumstances.
- Three years of retail experience, preferably in a bike shop
- One year of supervisory experience
- Experience in the bike retail and service field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- English fluency
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems
- College degree
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...