BECOME PART OF A PASSIONATE TEAM!
While supporting the General Manager in a leadership role, the Assistant Store Manager assumes a blended role of both operations and merchandising while leading a team to accomplish strategic objectives and overall sales goals. In this role, the successful Assistant Store Manager will be an effective communicator with a motivational and persuasive personality, and thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric environment. Having previous experience as a General Manager in specialty retail or as an Assistant Manager for a large retailer will allow an easy transition into understanding all aspects of the business to ensure that focus remains on key business initiatives, store presentation, marketing execution and daily operational cost controls. Developmental success in this role will lead into a General Manager position.
- Lead by example while driving overall store performance
- Models Company initiatives, goals and policies
- Enhance the customers shopping experience by promoting all aspects of a customer-centric environment
- Supervise and develop staff to ensure an appropriate upwardly mobile line of succession
- Ensure operating procedures are effectively implemented at all levels
- Achieve sales and labor goals via effective schedule writing
- Oversee general merchandising and store operations
- Partner with visual team in regards to merchandise presentation
- Act as liaison to corporate leadership
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening, and weekend shifts.
Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
- Prefer 3+ years of high volume retail management experience as an Assistant Manager, or 1 year as a General Manager
- Able to effectively perform in a customer centric environment
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of retail
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Basic understanding of P&L components
- Merchandising skills in both hardlines and softlines preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Prefer college degree
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...