The Assistant Supervisor – Production will direct and coordinate day-to-day production activities. This person will plan, organize, and carry out objectives related to production efficiency; utilization, safety, productivity, and quality. This position will ensure that customer needs are met through appropriate day-to-day allocation of people, equipment and assets in the production operations of the plant and will work with the management team, customers, and Lube-Tech personnel to prioritize tasks and assign resources cost effectively to meet the customers’ needs. This position primarily works 2 nd shift. However, this employee needs to have flexibility in their hours to work 1 st shift or weekends, as business dictates.
Key Responsibilities for the Position:
- Function within the guidelines of the Lube-Tech “Team Ground Rules” and Mission Statement
- Oversee activities in the production area to meet production goals, safety, quality, and cost objectives.
- Plan and coordinate the flow of materials through the production area, from raw materials to finished products.
- Oversee Plant continuous improvement and SFC process.
- Plan and coordinate product quality control procedures.
- Plan and oversee the maintenance of assets that are critical to production.
- Provide recommendations on facility maintenance and/or plant improvements.
- Maintain plant cleanliness such that customer tours can be a positive marketing experience.
- Plan and administer policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees are following safety rules and safe practices.
- Make budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Analyze and identify the cause for quality or production problems
- Develop and implement operating procedures designed to eliminate production problems and improve quality.
- Become proficient in the use of Lube-Tech’s mfg & inventory control system. Suggest and implement enhancements to this system.
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and manpower requirements.
- Develop and maintain efficiency, productivity, and quality measurements. Present these measurements to management on a predetermined basis.
- Select and develop personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Enhance and develop training procedures to move the company to be best in class.
- Provide an emphasis on safety to ensure compliance with all pertinent government regulations and provide a safe environment for employees.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School degree, Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing operations experience preferably in an OEM or Petroleum business
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of KPMs and manufacturing processes
- General Safety Awareness
- Quality System Awareness
- Inventory Management system
- Production Line Operation
- Ability to work 2nd shift as a normal work schedule, with the possibility of working 1st shift or weekends, as business needs dictate.
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional Medical Plan
- Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
We believe there is no company with the exclusive product mix we offer and we confidently know there is no other company with the commitment...