Position Title: Assistant Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Other Requirements: Works a fluctuating schedule dependant on project requirements.
Assist Tech I and Tech II in performing duties while gaining experience and knowledge for future certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists Technician 1 in the field while performing company work.
• Learns and gains experience in the duties of a Technician during daily fieldwork and on-the -job training sessions.
• Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
• Properly uses and completes customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
• Properly uses, cares for and maintains monitoring equipment and company vehicles.
• Communicates and deals with customers and other parties in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company. This communication is in person at the plant / job site.
• Learns and abides by Company policies and procedures.
• Completes all required training, including tests, within Company guidelines.
• Learns all Company products and services that are available to our customers.
• Performs necessary filing of customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
• Communicates and deals with customers and other parties in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company.
• Performs other related maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervision.
• Distribute mail to office personnel as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Driving company vehicles.
• Performing cross training.
• Schedule work activities.
• Deliver reports to customers.
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
• Technical school or college credits preferred.
• Current HAZWOPER training certificate preferred.
• One or more years experience in industrial operations or maintenance preferred.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
• Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
• Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
• Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct monitoring activities;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 10 months ago