This role is responsible for providing analytical and technical support for the Strategic Incentives Group. The incumbent will participate in the preparation of compensation reports and metrics across Blackstone’s various businesses, analyses of external market data, and other ongoing and ad-hoc projects. The ideal candidate will have finance-related experience and or experience directly within the field of Compensation, strong analytical skills, and superb attention to detail. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to successfully navigate conflicting work priorities and occasional tight deadlines while working independently and as a cohesive member of the Strategic Incentives Group.
· Provide support for the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs
· Analyze and forecast all aspects of Blackstone’s incentive programs (cash, equity, carry)
· Participate in compensation systems and report design
· Produce ad hoc reports and forecasting models that will be used by senior management, including the President, the CFO and the CEO
· Gather and evaluate market research and intelligence, and prepare competitor analyses
· Manage the monthly compensation accrual process and work with the team to administer the year-end bonus process and salary review
· Participate in various group initiatives and projects
· Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or a quantitative discipline
· 5 to 7 years of experience, specific compensation experience in the financial services industry a plus
· Strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills; possess the analytical skills to build ad hoc reports from raw data
· Experience with HR systems, querying data…Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc...
· Experience facing off with finance, knowledge of how compensation is expensed, working with accruals, ability to understand the finance side of compensation
· Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
· A self-starter with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or individually and take on responsibilities immediately
· Displays confidence and sophistication when discussing reporting deliverables to senior management
· Thoughtful and analytical approach to projects
· Exceptional command of data, excel models, and the ability to leverage a variety of tools for execution, reporting , and analysis
· Possesses a strong work ethic, positive attitude, be highly organized, and must maintain professional integrity over highly confidential information
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Blackstone - 12 months ago
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and...