Assistant Vice President - Capital Markets Auditor
Candidate will be a member of the Market Activities and Functions Audit team. The qualified candidate will play an active role in the Internal Audit team, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and problems within the organization. The candidate will report to an Audit Director or Vice President.
The qualified candidate should have:
The candidate will also be expected to learn to proficiently use the department’s audit tools in executing assignments, identifying control deficiencies and practical resolutions, and deliver a high quality work product. In addition to this, the candidate will:
- Audit experience in Fixed Income, Global Equities and Commodity Derivatives, Structured Finance, Liquidity Management and Corporate Finance.
- A strong understanding of the relevant risks and controls in areas such as Trading, Origination, Distribution, Sales, Order Management and Trade Execution, Compliance, Risk Management and Operations.
- Manage time and priorities while performing the audit reviews.
- Acquire a good understanding of the audited activities by showing initiative.
- Employ analytical skills to analyze activities and processes using the BNP Paribas Audit Methodology and Tools.
- Validate the quality and reliability of the findings and deliverables.
- Add value to the Business by raising relevant recommendations.
- Write quality reports with appropriate recommendations.
- Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and Internal Audit Management.
- Ensure timely follow-up of audit recommendations.
- Improve personal and professional development by keeping up-to-date with changes in financial services and products and attending training courses/sitting exams.
- Other internal audit teams in NY and occasionally in other locations (Miami, Canada, Europe and Asia)
- Other internal auditors in the team
- Line and Senior Management of the auditable activities
- External auditors and regulators in rare circumstances
- At least 3 - 5 years of Audit experience, with a focus on Investment Banking Products (Fixed Income, Global Equities and Commodity Derivatives, Structured Finance, Liquidity Management and Corporate Finance)
- A strong understanding of the relevant risks and controls in areas such as Trading, Origination, Distribution, Sales, Order Management and Trade Execution, Compliance, Risk Management and Operations
- BS/BA (Finance and/or Accounting preferred) or other related field of study.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills to clearly articulate issues to a wide audience.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Big 4 experience (CPA preferred).
- Accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent), CFA, Series 7, CIA.
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
BNP PARIBAS - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America,...