Assistant Vice President - Senior Control Analyst
Accounting Control department is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Group and CIB Head Office controls guidelines and expanding to adapt with an ever-changing Control environment. The department works closely with not only Finance and Tax department but with other functions of CIB North America to provide value added analysis and advisory services to its clients in the areas of accounting control.
The Accounting Control Department is a transversal function within CIB Finance whose primary roles are:
- To develop and implement a strong accounting control framework for CIB Banking and non-Banking entities (such as Broker/Dealers entities),
- To perform 2
level of controls for controls primary run by other Finance and non Finance teams
- To report on main controls areas, for both local and central needs and requirements
The Senior Control Analyst primarily responsible for developing the Accounting Control Framework from the issuance of new controls procedures to implementation and ongoing monitoring of the accounting controls performed by various CIB NA functions.
The Senior Control Analyst coordinates and contributes to the production of standardized controls dashboards/ summary reporting for key risks indicators that are communicated to Finance, Regional and Central CIB Managements. In addition, the Senior Control Analyst acts as a consultant/project leader to assist various CIB Functions in providing short term solutions in mitigating control related issues as well as formation and implementation of long term preventive solutions.
End of accounting period: (End of every quarter) – present results to CFO and to
Permanent: (on a daily basis)
- Prepare and circulate planning and specification for the accounting control aspects of the closing process to all the stakeholders (i.e. Middle/Back office, Risks departments, Finance and other supporting functions)
- Review and test the effectiveness of the controls performed by various CIB NA functions
- Collect and analyze internal control certification (FACT certificates, sub-certificates) and escalation of main controls conclusions and findings, through standardized summary reporting and dashboard to CIB NA management and Internal Controls Committees
- Review and report operational risk incidents to managements
- Develop the accounting control framework by reviewing, identifying, and documenting accounting controls in place for CIB NA functions (i.e. Middle Office, Back Office and Accounting
- Evaluate the compliance of CIB NA accounting control environment with Group Accounting Control Plan and policies
- Identification of control weakness/control gap and suggestion/implementation of solutions
- Act as project leader/consultant for various CIB NA functions in the implantation of new Group guidelines
- Act as project leader in providing short term solutions for mitigating control related issue as well as formation and implementation of long term preventive solutions
- Develop an “accounting control oriented’ culture across the organization (Finance and non Finance) through organization of the training session, and hold periodical meetings with key departments for controls review
- Accounting degree (with concentrations in audit)
- CPA or equivalent required
- At least 3 years of experience in the external audit of banking and capital market or the experience in the internal audit of accounting controls.
- SOX implementation/review experience preferred
- Solid understanding of financial instruments and developed skills in analysis of business supporting processes from accounting control perspective
- Strong organizational skills, rigorous, and self-disciplined
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a strong control environment
- Excellent communication skills, (i.e. writing, listening, presentation)
- Advanced technical skills (i.e. MS Word,
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
BGL BNP PARIBAS - 23 months ago
One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America,...