About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Our IT Services (IT) Division ensures alignment of corporate information technology resources to sustain production, support development, and facilitate growth opportunities. IT provides the technical and organizational guidance to acquire, develop and enhance the appropriate systems and information sources that form the foundation of Farm Family’s successful business.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Vice President of Software Development to join our dynamic IT group.
Position Description: This position is the bridge between the manager level, which is focused on operational efficiencies and the Senior VP level, which is focused on larger, strategic activities. This position will work closely with the Sr. VP of Information Services to lead and provide direction for the IT Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating innovative solutions and initiatives for issues.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership in the long-range planning, and maintenance of information systems and application technologies.
• Manage the planning and implementation of large-scale special projects, often involving collaboration with other business units.
• Provide leadership and direction to employees of the Multiple Line Information Technology Services team located in Albany, NY and Springfield, MO.
• Drive software development across multiple teams to ensure that solutions are aligned with business objectives.
• Assist in the development the IT operational plan. Monitor the plan and adjust it when necessary to ensure that IT strategic objectives are achieved.
• Develop direct reports and work with front line managers to develop team members in the division.
• Ensure regulatory compliance for IT systems and work with internal and external auditors to meet regulatory compliance obligations.
• Analyze the research of new technology and make recommendations/decisions regarding the use of such technology.
• Four-year college degree in an IT related field
• At least 10 years IT experience
• Prior supervisory experience
• One or more designations in related fields strongly preferred (MCP, MCTS, AIS, AIM, PMP, etc.)
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard