Faculty Position Announcement
Position: Faculty, non-tenure-track position
Department: Education, School of Education
Appointment Rank: Visiting, Assistant Professor
Date Available: July 1, 2013
Posting Date : May 3, 2013
Application Deadline : Open until filled
The University of Redlands’ School of Education seeks applicants for a renewable (depending upon funding) one-year visiting assistant professor. The visitor will teach eight course equivalents with a primary focus in curriculum and instruction at the secondary level.
Successful candidates will have:
Additional qualifications include:
- An earned Doctorate in Education or related field with an emphasis in secondary methods;
- Demonstrated record of effective teaching
It would be particularly beneficial if background also included:
- Extensive training in employing diverse teaching methodologies
- Commitment to and experience teaching K-12 English language learners/special needs students in a diverse public school
- Willingness to initiate efforts that result in program improvements that attract new students
- Disposition for leadership and collaboration in working with faculty, students, and community personnel across program areas, departments and campuses
The School of Education has approximately 400 students and is a professional school housed in a teacher-centered liberal arts university. The School of Education has a central mission in teacher education and we have educated teachers for almost 100 years. This mission is the single most fundamental charge in the School and one to which an unwavering commitment has been made. The University of Redlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks applications from under-represented groups. We seek a candidate who is committed to the region, the College's core values, and the School’s goals.
- Experience employing literacy assessments and strategies
- Skill in developing teacher candidates’ appreciation for English-language development as a second language
- Involvement with continuing accreditation activities (California Commission on Teacher Credentialing)
To Apply: Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, brief statement of teaching philosophy, list of courses you would be able to teach, and three letters of recommendation to:
University of Redlands
School of Education
c/o Martin Bright, Executive Secretary to the Dean
1200 East Colton Ave.
Redlands, CA 92373-0999
University of Redlands is a private liberal arts and sciences university. Its College of Arts and Sciences and School of Education are...