A successful Connecticut based apparel company has an immediate opening for an assistant designer. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Design Director with the designing and development of woven styles for the women’s line.
- Assist the Design Director on development and presentation of seasonal design development
- Create detailed flats for presentation and tech packs
- Assist in creating and updating concept boards, design boards
- Work with team to develop new graphics, print ideas and embroidery
- Partner with Product Development to source fabrics and trims in the local market
- Prepare design packages in Blue Cherry Web pdm system, and transfer sketches from illustrator for hand off to Product Development Team
- Execute presentation boards for design meetings
- Observe fit process
- Organizing and maintaining seasonal design books, fabric swatches and trim books
- Assist in all aspects of daily follow- up with external and internal partners.
- Prepare fabric pitch sheets and color cards
- 2 -3 years of experience working as a designer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Strong knowledge of market and trends
- Knowledge of fabric and trim sourcing with strong relationships and resources
- Willingness to help out with all aspects of design development
- Computer skills: Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills, Microsoft Excel, a web pdm type program.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
- Upbeat positive attitude
Position is a great learning and development opportunity.