THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At
our 12 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200
program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King
and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services
tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three
overarching goals drive our work: youth development,
healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an
immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose
values align with our organization: Respect,
Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Assists in providing direct supervision and management
of programs. Provides safe and quality programs for
1. 19 years of age or older.
2. Current state approved first-aid certification.*
3. Current state approved community CPR certification.*
4. High school education or equivalent; Two years of
college or equivalent preferred.
5. One year or more of experience with children and
families from a diversity of backgrounds.
6. Knowledge of program development in assigned area.
7. Previous experience in leading staff or volunteer
8. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with,
diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
ability, sexual orientation etc.). Ability to speak any
language in addition to English may be helpful.
- at hire, or earliest possible training within 90 days
CORE COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS INCLUDE:
- Supporting our Mission, Vision and Direction of the
Participants, Internal Customers and Others
- Building Community
- Providing a Quality Experience for Members,
- Working Productively
- Using Effective Personal Behaviors/Communicates
Respect, and Responsibility.
- Ability to embrace our core values: Caring, Honesty,
1. Plans and implements the programs in accordance with
the goals and policies of the YMCA.
2. Provides day to day guidance for staff, in order to
ensure appropriate supervision of participants.
3. Assists in scheduling staff according to established
4. Purchases equipment and supplies within budget
5. Ensures that toys and equipment are clean and safe,
set-up and stored properly.
6. May assist in conducting staff meetings.
7. Establishes positive rapport with family members.
8. Ensures the implementation of YMCA policies and
procedures by staff, including health, safety and
9. Maintains required records according to YMCA
standards and contract requirements, including, for
example, attendance records, registration information,
accident reports and discipline records.
10. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
11. Instructs classes as necessary, providing direct
supervision of participants.
12. May assist in budget monitoring.
If the program is operating as licensed child care, the
family program positions and staff are subject to
licensing standards established by the Department of
Social and Health Services (DSHS). Entry requirements
for staff listed above are based upon current YMCA
interpretation of such standards, are not inclusive, and
are subject to change.
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a
continuous learning environment and career
opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent
benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health,
dental, life and disability insurance; tuition
assistance; 12% retirement fund contribution, when
WA 98104-1194, Attention: Human Resources Department.
- Apply online, or mail to 909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle,
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity
employer committed to workplace diversity.
M-F 8:30am-1:45pm Occasional weekends
YMCA of Greater Seattle - 16 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...