Reporting to the Acting Director of Compliance, the Assistant will be integral in helping to oversee and manage the College’s compliance program by providing compliance support through education, resources, oversight, and assistance.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
• Assist in developing and implementing annual compliance plans for the College based on systemic and ongoing risk assessment conducted by the Internal Auditor.
• Assist Director in overseeing routine compliance requirements.
• Assist Director in updating and maintaining the College’s compliance database reflecting description of issues in particular compliance areas and the offices and persons charged with regulatory compliance responsibilities for each compliance area, including identification of roles, responsibilities, resources, and accessible tools for their use.
• Periodically contact representatives from the compliance areas to follow-up on institutional regulatory compliance obligations and identify any significant gaps.
• Assist in providing “early warning” services to appropriate College personnel regarding regulatory changes or compliance initiatives by regulatory agencies (SUNY, federal agencies, Middle States, etc…)
• Assist in identifying and developing initiatives and subcommittees to address and resolve College-wide compliance areas of concern. Ensure coordination with appropriate departments/divisions and resolution of issues.
• Assist in researching policy requirements and development.
• Assist in record retention inventory, assessment, and requirements.
• Assist in performance of special projects, as required.
• Keep abreast of leading practices in compliance training, monitoring, and effectiveness.
• Maintain the compliance/policy website with compliance/policy updates, tools, and resources
Bachelor’s degree. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Experience in compliance, research, and/or policies. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
35 hrs/wk; Monday – Friday
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This is a Non-bargaining position
The Fashion Institute of Technology is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York (SUNY), with...