JOB TITLE: PASTRY ASSISTANT
UNIT NAME: MILLER PARK
SHIFT/HOURS REQUIRED: DAYS, NIGHTS, & WEEKENDS
AGE REQUIREMENT (IF APPLIC): MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Under the direction of Pastry Chef, prepares and serves pastries, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
• Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, established recipes, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Prepares/bakes all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
• Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare pastry items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
• Ensures freshness and quality of all pastry items.
• Packages all products to proper specifications
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
• Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
• Follows cleaning checklists
• Keeps coolers, freezers, dry storage areas clean & organized.
• Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
• Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
• Follows all Kitchen safety guidelines
• Performs other duties assigned
• Assists other employees when needed
• Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
• Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in pastries preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
• Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
• Ability to communicate with others
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Attentive and detailed oriented.
• Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
• Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
• Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
• Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
• Standing and walking for entire length of shift
• Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
• Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate to high
• Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
• In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
• Frequently immerses hands in water.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you 18 years old or older?
2. Can you work all scheduled events?
3. Are you able to work flexible hours including days, nights and weekend?
4. Have you earned either a State of Wisconsin Food Handlers License or a Serv Safe Certificate?
5. Do you have a minimum of either one year culinary experience?
Delaware North Companies - 21 months ago
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs...