Manage certain of Quintiles’ merger and acquisitions efforts through proactive targeting, modeling, valuation, due diligence, negotiation and closing activities. Assist in critical corporate transactions relating to capital markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Accountabilities, including financial/ staff/ material data as appropriate, and Primary Tasks):
1. Extends knowledge of market to identify acquisition opportunities through proactive targeting
2. Models acquisition opportunities
3. Performs valuation activities
4. Leads due diligence efforts, including managing internal teams and being point of contact in some cases with the target’s team fulfilling the diligence requests
5. Assists in closing activities
6. Participates in divestiture activities
7. Plays active role in supporting critical capital market transactions
8. Complies with the Company’s standard operating procedures and observes time lines.
9. Makes recommendations on budget expenditures within designated limits.
10. Ensures the group meets established goals and objectives.
11. Liaises with other departments and business units in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner.
12. Perform other duties needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (education level / specific work history experience):
Bachelor's Degree in a finance or marketing subject, and a minimum of 5-8 years relevant finance or acquisition experience, including 2 - 4 years supervisory and/or management experience, or other comparable combination of education, training and experience.
Proven track record of success working in a service to business environment and leading cross-functional teams.
Possess strong financial and analytical skills. DCF modeling experience is a requirement.
Possess strong organizational and communication skills.
Possess strong ability to manage/lead/coordinate lateral relationships and cross-functional teams
Possess project management ability to complete deal components, such as managing a cross-functional due-diligence teams, under deadline constraints
Possess acumen to identify and interpret key factors from complex financial reports, memorandum, meetings, etc. to provide decision-relevant presentations and meaningful recommendations to senior management.
Must be able to understand and adapt the function to incorporate cultural nuances.
Demonstrated leadership strength and proven past experience in effective problem resolution.
Ability to lead, guide and motivate staff to achieve desired results.
Willingness to travel as needed up to 25% of time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (any specific physical attributes or limiting factors to be accounted for):
Position requires extensive use of the telephone and face-to-face communications, which requires the accurate perception of speech.
USA-North Carolina-Research Triangle Park
USA08 - US Quintiles Transnational
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...