Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The Shared Services group is responsible for the overall accounting and monthly close process for WMG.
High Level Job Description: The Senior Manager/Associate Director of Accounting for Distribution (WEA/ADA/ILG) is responsible for assisting the Senior Director with the monthly close process and all aspects of the Distribution accounting for WMG.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly close processes for Distribution including financial statement preparation and analyses, general ledger maintenance, journal entry and reconciliation review, etc.
- Oversee two to three Accountants/Senior Accountants to review for accuracy in reporting to Corporate and review of related schedules submitted to Distribution Finance in conjunction with the monthly/quarterly financials
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements, including drafting and updating process narratives, and maintenance of requirement documentation.
- Work with the staff to prepare supplemental and supporting schedules related to the external audit/review of the financial statements
- Maintain strong relationships with distribution finance personnel, Corporate, A/R, IT and Internal/External Audit as well as other divisions and affiliates
- Provide any ad hoc analysis/projects required
- Manage 2-3 staff and senior accountants.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed in interacting with label finance, Corporate finance and other internal/external parties.
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure/tight deadlines.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of Oracle, HFM, SAP and Access database a plus.
- + years of accounting/finance experience
- Big 4 CPA firm experience preferred
- Experience in private industry a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA Required or in progress
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group
- 3 years ago - save job