Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 24 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
The Thermal Sciences Practice provides services in a wide array of engineering applications and problem-solving ranging from residential and vehicle fire analysis to the investigation of fires and explosions at chemical processes, petrochemical, manufacturing and other industrial facilities. Our engineers also specialize in fluid flow evaluations, such as smoke and plume propagation modeling. We routinely assist our clients in solving their design challenges involving household, commercial and industrial appliances, including heaters, furnaces, boilers and turbines.
We are seeking an Associate/Engineer to join the Thermal Sciences Practice in our Los Angeles office. Career growth will involve increasing project management duties and substantial responsibility for generating revenue and client relations as well as hiring technical staff.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Qualifications for this position include:
- Assisting in the investigation on the origin, cause, and propagation of fires and explosions
- Assisting in the investigation of building, fire, and mechanical code installations and failures
- Assisting with building surveys and code compliance reviews
- Conducting inspections
- Planning and executing experimental test programs
- Preparing proposals and technical reports
- Masters degree in Fire Protection Engineering
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate findings in the form of reports
- Enduring commitment to professional development as evidenced by track record of peer-reviewed publications, participation in technical conferences and commitment to professional engineering licensure or certifications
Exponent - 16 months ago