Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI), Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence team in San Francisco. With more than 1,700 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
The PEPI Strategy and Commercial Due Diligence team is based in New York, with offices throughout the US, and is seeking strategy and commercial due diligence professionals to focus on serving upper middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. A&M PEPI brings an approach to commercial due diligence that generates insights on specific targets or selected industries, and guides private equity professionals in their investment evaluation and underwriting process.
- Building excel models;
- Developing market findings and strategic recommendations
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts
- Researching industries or companies that are not necessarily well covered through public information
- Conducting primary research
Relevant work experience (1-3 years for Associate and 3-5 years for Senior Associate)
- Undergraduate degree (for Associates); MBA or equivalent work experience (for Senior Associates)
- Experience with strategy and operations projects, and/or commercial diligence work with private equity clients is highly desirable
- Strong written, oral and analytic (number-crunching) skills
- Flexible and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent excel and powerpoint skills
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to travel