Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) – Commercial Due Diligence/Strategy(CDD/Strategy) team in San Francisco. With more than 2,200 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving upper middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. A&M PEPI brings an approach to commercial due diligence that generates insights on specific targets or selected industries, and guides private equity professionals in their investment evaluation and underwriting process. The companies we assess are upper middle market in the $50 million to $1 billion plus range.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
- Interim Management
- Merger Integration & Carve-outs
- Leveraged Sourcing
- Rapid Results
- Supply Chain
- Building excel models;
- Developing market findings and strategic recommendations
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts
- Researching industries or companies that are not necessarily well covered through public information
- Conducting primary research
Alvarez & Marsal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Alvarez & Marsal via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written and approved Service Agreement in place for this position from Alvarez & Marsal HR will be deemed the sole property of Alvarez & Marsal. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Alvarez & Marsal as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Relevant work experience (1-3 years for Associate and 3-5 years for Senior Associate)
- Undergraduate degree (for Associates); MBA or equivalent work experience (for Senior Associates)
- Experience with strategy and operations projects, and/or commercial diligence work with private equity clients is highly desirable
- Strong written, oral and analytic (number-crunching) skills
- Flexible and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent excel and PowerPoint skills
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to travel
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...