The Associate position supports the Denver, Colorado team, and encompasses responsibilities involving pricing underwriting, investor interaction, buyer database management, market report authoring, attending presentations, assisting with preparation of sale proposals, and overseeing flyer and offering memoranda preparation. The skill set requirement is varied, and requires a candidate that is able to multi-task and switch priorities as directed by clients.
- Valuation Underwriting / Argus Models: Input Argus models, run reports for presentations, pitches, and Broker Opinions of Value.
- Must be proficient in Argus modeling of office assets, expense pass throughs, and rent steps, as well as occupancy adjusted variable expenses. For retail assets, must be proficient with expense pools, and detailed expense pass throughs customary for retail.
- Typical Property Types: Office, Retail, Industrial. Occasional Multi-Family Analysis.
- Valuation Models: Import Argus model cash flows into Excel based pricing models.
- Obtain financing terms from loan teams/and or broker – input in model.
- Understand common investor return metrics
- Run various sensitivity scenarios.
- Possible split/structure financing – discuss with broker– Permanent and Mezz financing incorporate terms into pricing Excel model.
- Broker Opinion of Value Preparation: Using firm’s BOV template, populate all narrative sections, work with research to input market sections, populate property data and overview sections, as well as introduction section. Approximately 25 to 30 page BOV template – Associate creates document using template. Insert all pricing matrix and financial charts prepared by Associate.
- Presentations / Property Tours: Associate on select transactions will attend presentations in a support role, and assist with buyer tours of assets listed for sale by broker.
- Deal Summary: Create deal summaries for properties that we have been engaged to sell. Template calls for a short narrative on asset, economic data, lease expirations, NOI, occupancy, and property highlights for all properties analyzed or engaged to market. One page excel based format.
- Marketing Flyer – Coordinate narrative and design with graphics team, which will create the document.
- Offering Memoranda: Prepare following sections:
- Property Description
- Market Overview
- Financial Section
- Read all leases and input Lease Abstracts
- Work with and coordinate with Desk Top Publisher to oversee creation of graphics, maps, and labeling of aerials and photos.
- On Line War Room: Associate will set up on-line war room with all due diligence materials electronically provided.
- Photography: Coordinate with photographer all ground shots and aerials for Offering Memoranda and Flyer.
- Site Visits: Associate will visit projects and drive market regarding new offerings, and select pitch or BOV opportunities.
- Bachelors degree business, economics or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of applicable industry experience.
- Proficiency in use of Argus for modeling office assets.
- Self-starter. Ability to work with limited amount of supervision.
- Deductive reasoning ability. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with clients in a professional and effective manner.
Rockwood - Real Estate Advisors - 20 months ago