Harris Beach seeks an associate with two to three years of general litigation experience to work with a dynamic team of attorneys defending large and small companies and municipalities in the areas of business and commercial litigation, insurance defense litigation and commercial real estate.
- Draft memoranda, pleadings, motions, etc.
- Research various issues and collaborate with senior attorneys about strategies
- Take and defend depositions
- Represent our clients in disputes in mediation/arbitration proceedings and/or represent at courtroom appearances
- Participate in trial/ADR planning and preparation
Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 2-3 years of commercial and business litigation, civil litigation and general and personal liability experience preferred
- Must have courtroom, deposition and motion experience
- Must have experience with both state and federal courts
- Must demonstrate a commitment to exceptional client service
- Must be admitted in New York; admission in New Jersey a plus
- Must have excellent research and writing skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Military experience a plus
Harris Beach PLLC - 16 months ago