Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
We are searching for an Associate Agency Business Administrator to perform office support for various Division Office processes such as new business processing, agent pay entries, agent career development and training, agent recruiting and selection, premium processing and accounting, expense processing, and business prospecting. This position is the entry level position of a skill dependent job family.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform various office support functions such as answering telephone calls and taking messages; welcoming and assisting walk-in clients, applicants, visitors, referring them to appropriate persons; maintaining multiple filing systems; scheduling appointments; typing letters, memos, reports using Microsoft Office, etc.; coordinating travel plans; sorting and distributing mail; maintaining office machines; and performing other related tasks.
2. Perform a variety of new business functions to include:
Entering application information into the app entry system; resolving edit/noncompliance issues with management and/or agents; and following up with providers and agents to obtain or clarify information regarding underwriting
Monitoring the post issue process ensuring all pending information is received, entered and completed
Maintaining accurate records, cross-reference files and system information
3. Conduct a variety of agent pay functions with general supervision to include:
Reviewing accuracy of pay information
Advising management of pay status and related issues
4. Handle various accounting activities such as manager expense transactions, balancing accounts, monitoring expense account charges, premium processing and reconciliation, and alerting management and/or home office personnel to problems and working through to resolution. Processing daily electronic bank deposits
5. Respond to inquiries from policyholders, producers, administrators, claimants, and customers, assisting if possible or referring to appropriate office personnel.
6. Ensure the large volume of materials, product information and general supplies needed by the agents and employees are inventoried and maintained in adequate supply requiring timely ordering and regular updating of outdated materials.
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Basic computer knowledge to include office software products such as Microsoft Office Suite.
Basic accounting and math aptitude skills.
Strong human relations and communication skills; telephone and customer service skills.
Organization, attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and clerical support skills.
Ability to travel occasionally.
Previous experience within insurance industry, ideally within an administrative support or production role.
Physical Functions/Percentage of work day:
Keyboarding - 34-66%
Handling - 1-33%
Static Reaching - 1-33%
Sitting - >66%
Standing/Walking - 34-66%
Bending/Stooping - 1-33%
Talking - >66%
Near Vision (20 inches or less) - >66%
Far Vision (20 inches or more) - 1-33%
Hearing - 1-33%
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling (10-19 lbs) - 1-33%
Mutual of Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more than 100 years, Mutual of Omaha has helped millions of families strive to reach their financial goals and plan for a secure future....