This position sells new accounts in keeping with agency and individual goals. Meets established goals and builds relationships with clients. Upholds the agency's reputation and professional manner of conducting business in dealings with clients. The working conditions are fast-paced, multiple tasking, in a high disruption environment
- Make the sale and collect necessary deposits, arrange for binder, certificates, etc.
- Negotiate annual new and renewal production goals with agency Principle or Sales Manager.
- Develop all information and recommendations for prospective accounts, present proposals and adhere to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account.
- Responsible for establishing a servicing procedure when necessary for designated accounts.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and Nationwide personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Identify and solicit sales prospects from various sources provided by agency, by cold calls, mailings and phone contact.
- Maintain necessary licenses and continuing education required for license renewal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be aggressive/assertive, a self-starter with the ability to influence others. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications. Prefer General Lines P&C License as required by the State Department of Insurance.
Some college or an Associates Degree is preferred.
Desirable candidate to have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance.
Knowledge of personal computer, calculator, on-line information system and various programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.