The Associate Athletic Director/Business Operations reports directly to the Athletic Director and supervises the Assistant Athletic Director/Business Operations, Business Manager, Assistant Business Manager, Athletic Fiscal Assistant and the Athletic Equipment Rooms.
In addition, the Associate Athletic Director/Business Operations is responsible for the following:
1. Assist the Athletic Director in the preparation and administration of the annual
operating budget for 31 varsity athletic programs and 12 administrative areas.
2. Prepares budget analysis reports monthly and departmental quarterly financial reports with projections for the Director and appropriate staff.
3. Monitors and prepares budget analysis reports and budgets as required including
varsity sports and administrative budgets, Flynn Fund Accounts, scholarship aid for student-athletes, endowed scholarships, sports camps, accounts receivable activity, cash handling procedures, ticket sales receipts, etc.
4. Coordinates the preparation of all purchase requisitions, budget transfers, and
5. Ensures that all business and financial guidelines of the department and support groups are within University and NCAA guidelines.
6. Approves all payroll records and submits appropriately, including home game officials.
7. Prepares and maintains game contracts for football, and monitors the enforcement and distribution/collection of guarantees for football, ice hockey, men's and women's basketball and other sports as required.
8. Oversees the student/athlete medical insurance program for the department.
9. Initiates marketing and corporate sponsorship/support invoices and monitors
collection of amounts due. Administers all reconciliations at year end.
10. Acts as the Department liaison with Controller's Office for all financial affairs.
11. Acts as the Department liaison with Athletic Sports Camps, in relation to all fiscal
matters, including the monitoring and tracking of the camp budgets.
12. Acts as the Department liaison with Dining Service for all financial transactions
including the coordination of training table logistics.
13. Acts as the Department liaison with Student Accounts for all financial transactions.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Baccalaureate degree required, Master's degree in Business strongly preferred and C.P.A. is desired.
High degree of proficiency in working with information technology including personal computers, spread sheet applications, and other software packages essential to compatibility within the Department and University community
This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC and Institutional rules.
- Documented accounting and fiscal management background. Knowledgeable in advanced accounting principles
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with other department personnel and with the public.
- Documented administrative and supervisory ability.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Boston College - 20 months ago