Responsible for the accounting and collection of Conferencing, miscellaneous receivables, Gull card deposits, print card revenue, temporary decals, and all other cash receipts. The cashier will assist in the day to day operation of the Bursar’s Office. This position will serve as the first contact person for the Bursa’s Office and requires excellent customer service skills.
• Performs cashiering functions utilizing the Jenzabar CX system, including verification of amounts received, providing receipts to individuals submitting funds, and preparation of bank deposits.
• Responsible for the collection and tracking of Conferencing activity, including maintaining records of the Conferencing contracts and payments.
• Reconciles Conferencing records with the Event and Conference Services department.
• Receives payments for, distributes, and monitors temporary parking decals throughout the year.
• Maintains print card activity, including collection of fees and maintenance of data.
• Works closely with Athletics and other departments to accommodate cash requests. Maintains and reconciles funds requested in appropriate denominations and assures secure storage of funds until disbursed.
• Process Gull Card deposits received at the Bursar’s Office and apply to the Black Board system.
• Ensures the security of the College funds kept in the Bursar’s Office by keeping monies and financial records locked and secure from unauthorized access.
• Promotes a positive image of the Bursar’s Office when handling customer needs by treating each individual with respect and resolving their questions/concerns in a professional manner.
• Performs all other Student Receivable functions of the Bursar’s Office on an as-needed basis to include statement production, mailings, collection calls and registration/check-ins.
• Responsible for adherence to federal and state regulations governing privacy and safeguarding of data (e.g., FERPA, payment card security standards, fair debt collection practices).
• Participates in College events as required.
• Provides clerical and accounting functions for all non-tuition receipts including verification of amounts received, providing receipt to person submitting funds, data entry of information into system and preparation of bank deposits.
• Provide requested documents and assist as required for annual audits.
• Verifies that student accounts are clear prior to the processing of additional registrations for day students enrolling in GPS courses.
• Contributes to the overall success of the Bursar’s Office by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of AS Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures.
• Strong reconciliation and problem solving skills required.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all College constituents.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a one-stop shopping environment.
• Ability to work extended hours if needed.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.