Under the supervision of the Administrative Director (or other qualified individual) the Associate Case Manager is responsible for providing advocacy and case management services of the assigned patient caseload, developing a service plan based on those identified needs, facilitating access to social service benefits and other internal and external resources, monitoring the patient’s progress, and advocating on behalf of the patient, when she/he is unable to do so for herself/himself. Responsible for documentation in the electronic medical record and complying with all data entry, data integrity, and data tracking requirements for BMC and funding entity’s contract monitoring reports.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related human services field is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with HIV+ clients and related issues, including co-occuring disorders required
- Knowledge of community, social, and health resources, particularly oncology -related resources.
- Empathic understanding of ill patients and skilled in performing multicultural needs assessments and developing concrete service plans.
- Expertise in establishing working relationships with patients, their family, professionals, and the community, including the ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Computer competency, inclusive of the ability to access and enter data.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, inclusive of organizational skills, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to facilitate interactions with various members of the health care team, patients, and their families.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served, is preferred.
- Demonstrated flexibility with client’s priorities, evolving needs, and goals.
- Sensitivity to ethnic, cultural, gender, and sexual orientation diversity; values; beliefs; and behaviors.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving ability.
Boston Medical Center - 17 months ago