Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE: INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and nutrition ingredients. With customers in more than 40 countries, Ingredion, formerly Corn Products International, serves approximately 60 diverse sectors in food, beverage, brewing, pharmaceuticals and other industries. For more information, visit ingredion.com .
Associate Chemist – API/NF
Argo Plant, Bedford Park, IL
Coordinate and support the accurate and timely testing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and National Formulary (NF) products to meet the needs of internal and external customers for data and information on process and product quality.
Lead Chemist – API/NF
- Provide timely analytical service as part of the API/NF and excipient quality control laboratory. Perform a variety of tasks/procedures in a fast paced environment; maintain accurate and complete record of data in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Perform methods from the CPSMA, USP Compedium, and other validated procedures independently.
- Participate in the laboratory proficiency testing program.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instruments.
- Prepare and standardize reagents; ensure that necessary laboratory supplies and equipment are available.
- Prioritize testing based on business needs and departmental goals.
- Work with operations and quality assurance to understand current demands on laboratory services.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of laboratory data. Review data for accuracy and trends and communicate any concerns to laboratory manager.
- Perform specialized testing in support of internal and external customers and departmental projects.
- Additional projects as assigned.
A gility and Innovation
- Implement any corrective actions agreed upon by laboratory management as a result of laboratory investigations or proficiency testing and monitor their effectiveness.
- Revise and update laboratory SOP’s to meet evolving customer and business needs and developing methodology.
- Work with Operations to identify, investigate, and resolve process discrepancies.
- Provide training to laboratory technicians and Operations Personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field.
- Experience with analytical chemistry and instrumentation.
- Possess good working knowledge of laboratory practices.
- Strong oral, written, and computational skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Must be available for some weekend and after hour coverage.
- Ability to rapidly learn new skills, and expand expertise into other areas of science.
- Must demonstrate the following characteristics: high energy, innovative, organized, handles multiple tasks, and has a positive attitude.
Ingredion Incorporated is proud to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) with a generous company match, a pension plan and long term career growth potential.
Ingredion - 19 months ago
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE:INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and...