Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organize people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential.
We have over 2,600 employees working in 87 offices in 49 countries. Our clients come from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry and represent diverse business challenges.
We are currently seeking an Associate Consultant – Executive Compensation to join our Atlanta office and support our national Healthcare practice. This role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to join a highly experienced team and to gain meaningful experience through a diverse set of executive compensation engagements across a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide project management, consulting and analytical support on a wide variety of executive compensation consulting engagements. Candidates will assist with the growth of the executive compensation practice by contributing to thought leadership, business development and overall marketing strategy. This position will participate in executive compensation and cross-functional teams and promote teamwork across Hay Group’s practices and offices.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Participating in and/or leading internal and external competitive analyses through conducting market research, preparing analytics, and developing insightful recommendations and client reports. Typical engagements involve the following: external compensation benchmarking of base salary, variable pay and total remuneration programs, work measurement, incentive plan design, performance management, communications and implementation.
- Becoming proficient in Hay Group methodologies by attending assigned seminars, participating in consulting projects, reading and researching relevant literature.
- Supporting thought leadership and market-facing efforts through research and preparation of conference presentations, webcasts, audiocasts, and articles.
- Providing sales and marketing support for healthcare business development activities.
No Phone Calls Please!
- BA/BS degree required, preferably with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Ideal candidates will have 3 to 5 years of prior executive compensation experience working for a management consulting firm. Prior experience should include some project management and interaction experience with senior management. A balance of corporate work and consulting experience is ideal, but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and regulatory issues affecting not-for-profit executive compensation
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivation, ability to work with little supervision, and multi-tasking capabilities are a must.
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively, particularly in the area of research to solve clients’ specific compensation issues.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications for analysis and reporting, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- CCP is preferred, but not required.