Since 1974, IFDC has focused on increasing and sustaining food security and agricultural productivity in over 100 developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise throughout the world.
The Associate Contracts Officer will report to the Senior Contracts Officer at IFDC Headquarters in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. This newly created position will provide support to IFDC’s Contracts Unit and assist the Sr. Contracts Officer in the creation, administration and/or review of contracts, grants, leases, and/or other documents. This position will also provide general administrative support to the unit and act in the stead of the Sr. Contracts Officer during absence.
The anticipated responsibilities and duties include (but are not limited to):
- Formatting and editing contracts, reports and other documents;
- Drafting and processing contracts, leases and other legal documents;
- Reviewing contracts, grants and other documents to identify key requirements;
- Ensuring requirements for contract issuance are met;
- Ensuring contracts are logged, filed and distributed;
- Managing and maintaining multiple contracts databases;
- Producing reports as needed;
- Providing general administrative support;
- Responding to requests from out-posted staff;
- Serving as back-up for the Sr. Contracts Officer.
- Legal Acumen : The incumbent must demonstrate a keen ability to understand and work with complex legal documents and government regulations. The incumbent must be able to identify legal issues therein and be comfortable taking independent action toward the resolution of such issues. The incumbent will work with sensitive information and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Communication : The candidate must demonstrate a comfort level and exceptional ability to communicate with clarity and precision, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization. Key to this will be the ability to communicate with those in other cultures, whose first language is not English.
- Administrative : The incumbent must be able to effectively manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously. Much of the work will be self-directed; as such, the ability to prioritize and act independently with urgency will be of primary concern.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree, preferably in pre-law or business;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the legal field, with emphasis on contracts. This may include experience as a paralegal or other relevant experience in a law office.
- Experience drafting contracts required;
- Excellent writing skills required;
- Proficiency in formatting and editing contracts and legal documents required;
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills required; and
- Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Adobe skills required.