The associate creative director (ACD) of mobile and social platforms is able to bring together a deep background in graphic design with a love of emerging techonlogy. The ACD is responsible for leading major streams of work and assisting account leadership in managing the creative team and process as a whole. The ACD must be capable of acting as R/GA’s point person for the client.
The ACD should be immersed in emerging platforms and opportunities and will serve as a thought leader in design and mobile technology. In collaboration with interaction designers, copywriters, and technologists on a project, the ACD is responsible for creating innovative work that delivers on the client’s objectives.
Externally, ACDs must possess the ability to work with clients in different industries and handle different types of client relationships. Internally, ACDs must be able to work comfortably with people from different creative disciplines and with different creative teams. The ACD should also work to mentor those on her team and in her department with a view toward fostering professional growth and commitment to R/GA.
Ultimately, an ACD is someone who, with additional time and experience, possesses the creative judgment, collaborative instincts, and leadership abilities to become an effective creative director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a standard bearer for client’s brand messaging and visual identity.
- Serve as a thought leader in mobile technology.
- Concept and collaborate with team leads
- Nurture junior talent, providing clear direction and constructive feedback.
- Work with producers as a key point of contact for scheduling deadlines and helping to resolve resource and delivery issues.
- Work with account managers and planners to ensure creative concepts and tactics are on brand and strategically sound.
- Present and meet with clients of all levels – from junior brand managers to senior marketing clients.
R/GA is committed to pursuing diversity, inclusion and fairness at every level of our organization. We believe in valuing the differences of all our employees.
- Innovative and inspiring creative solutions for mobile channels. Experience in digital platforms and branded experiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and to delegate work effectively.
- Mediation skills—necessary to maintain good team chemistry and client relations, and to sort out interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
- An ability to discern individual team members’ abilities and to match the right people with the right work.
- Marketing sense – must possess an ability and an interest in helping to develop advertising campaign platforms that can work across channels, offline as well as online.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience.
R/GA - 14 months ago