*The ability to obtain a security clearance for which the Department of Defense requires U.S. citizenship is required*
Raytheon BBN Technologies, located in Columbia, MD, is seeking qualified Associate Engineers who will perform funded research, development, and deployment of cyber security technologies. Candidates must have a strong desire to develop advanced solutions to complex, cutting-edge problems of national security relevancy that span the computing stack from the silicon to the network.
Successful candidates will contribute to one or more projects sponsored by the Department of Defense and the Federal Government that require the development of advanced technologies in coordination with a team of other highly-qualified professionals. Example areas of development include: physical system architectures, networking protocols, cyber-physical systems, hardware/software anti-tamper, and specialized operational solutions. An understanding of the research process is preferred. Typical projects result in proof-of-concept and/or proof-of-existence capabilities that often achieve first-of-their-kind innovations in a particular field.
Successful candidates will be goal oriented and have a desire to develop the skills necessary over the next few years to acquire new business opportunities by writing or contributing to proposals and white papers and making presentations to prospective customers.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or related technical field.
* Coursework in areas of processor architectures, microcontrollers, assembly language, firmware, hardware/software interface (i.e., drivers, etc.), operating systems, system internals, embedded systems, application structure, networking protocols, distributed/parallel computing, and hardware/software interaction.
* Prior internship or co-op experience is desirable.
* Experience developing analog and/or digital circuitry on breadboards or PCBs including board layout, part selection, soldering, etc. is desirable.
* An understanding of and interest in large-scale problem solving and system engineering.
**Raytheon BBN Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer**
Al Gore may have invented the Internet, but Raytheon BBN Technologies launched the ARPANET, one of the first computer-based communication...