The Associate Cache DBA will be under close supervision and have limited latitude for independent judgment, responsible for non-complex installation and upgrade of Cache database vendor software, backup, recovery, configuration, monitoring, and optimization. Responsible for routine storage management, security, and audit functions. Seeks advice and assistance from senior staff on more complex work assignments.
1. Assists with installations, maintenance, and upgrades of enterprise-wide Cache databases.
2. Performs routine storage associated with Cache databases.
3. Monitors the Cache database performance in a networked environment.
4. Implements routine Cache database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and mechanisms. Performs non-complex Cache database restoration and/or restart as required.
5. Monitors and assists in optimizing the Cache database using database administration tools, SQL scripts, and database utilities. Monitors and configures Cache database parameters accordingly, and seeks assistance from more senior peers on complex issues.
6. Performs Data Courier code migrations for application teams.
7. Keeps abreast of current and emerging Cache database trends/technologies.
8. Carries a department-supplied cell phone and laptop, and may be required to assist senior team members on special projects where on-call is requested.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
Physical Requirements: (physical abilities essential to perform the job):
• Nothing unusual
Work Environment: (work environments, hazards and exposures the employee may encounter on the job):
• Office environment in a healthcare setting.
On-Call: (Is this job required to be on-call? If yes, what is the typical frequency and duration?):
• Alternate on-call support during off-business hours
Qualifications: - minimum job criteria including educational requirements, licensure, registration, certification and experience and equivalencies.
Educational requirements and/or preferences (Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Related Field or equivalent professional work experience.
• Requires one (1) year of related experience.
• Data Courier classes & certification (a Plus)
• Chronicles classes & certification (a Plus)
• Knowledge of project management, systems and database administration and integration, database design, user relations, and vendor interactions.
• Working knowledge of patient care databases and financial and administrative database applications (a Plus)
• Working knowledge of monitoring, tuning, and administrating Cache databases (Intersystems or Epic) (a Plus)
• Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems (preferred)
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities.
• Ability to work effectively as a team player.
• Must have good organizational and prioritizing skills.
• Must be able to meet deadlines, and manage several projects simultaneously.
• Able to execute all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
• Good oral, written, and presentation skills.
Cedars-Sinai - 2 years ago
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...