There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Ashford University, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Ashford University’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Associate Dean is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Executive Dean of the college, the Associate Dean oversees assigned groups of faculty, retention efforts, and the relationship between campus and online programs within the college. Additional responsibilities include support of curriculum and academic program improvements, Alumni relationships, faculty hiring and evaluation, as well as faculty scholarship and development.
Essential Job Duties:
• Support the Dean in implementing the college mission and vision and strategic plan
• Supervise specific groups of faculty
• Ensure alignment of campus and online curriculum
• Assist curriculum development, enhancement, and outcomes assessment activities
• Support accreditation and institutional effectiveness activities at the college level
• Oversee student progress and persistence across the college’s programs
• Support alumni outreach and career services
• Support advisory board activities
• Foster faculty scholarship and faculty development
• Serve on cross functional teams and committees
• Support faculty hiring, teaching assignments, evaluation, and review
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Dean
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Earned doctorate degree
• 3 or more years of academic administrative experience
• Knowledge of accreditation standards and learning assessment
• Online education and adult learning environment experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule that requires travel and occasionally work on evenings and weekends
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications including advanced level experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Database management and Excel with ability to produce reports
• Time management skills with a strong sense of prioritization and follow through
• Experience in a leadership position in higher education
• Personal attributes: maturity, diplomacy, sense of humor, team player, attention to detail, independent, self-starter
• Earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...